Gift Aid- Northern Ireland
We can claim valuable Gift Aid on your generous donations, which will go towards ensuring more and more athletes can take part in the Special Olympics programme in the future.
If you are a U.K Tax Payer, you can increase the value of your donation to Special Olympics by 25% at no additional cost to you!
How Gift Aid works
Tick the box on the gift aid declaration when making a donation on our website, or through other online donation platforms, alternatively you can fill out a paper Gift Aid declaration when at events or other fundraising activities.
Completing a gift aid declaration allows Special Olympics Ireland to claim gift aid on all further donations made by the donor until told otherwise, this means you only have to fill out one declaration for gift aid for Special Olympics Ireland. It is the responsibility of the donor to make Special Olympics Ireland aware of any changes to your Tax or any changes to your personal details.
Gift Aid cannot be claimed on the following donations
- Donations from non-UK taxpayers are not eligible for Gift Aid.
- The donation was on behalf of someone else or a group of people
- The donation was on behalf of a company
- The donation was to a family member or friend doing an event where the charity is contributing to their costs
- The donation was made in return for goods, rights or services.
Once we receive your form we can then claim valuable gift aid on your generous donations.
Thank you so much for your support and if you have any questions you can contact our Ulster Regional Fundraising Coordinator Hannah.email@example.com