What is it?
- The Health Promotion Programme is made up of a toolkit, containing practical health workshops, and aided by packs for all participating athletes.
- Workshops cover many health topics including nutrition, hydration, mental wellbeing and personal hygiene.
- Workshops are delivered once a month in community Special Olympics clubs or services.
- Volunteers (either from within the club or the local community) are trained up to deliver the workshops.
- The Programme is a fun addition to a club whilst also providing important health information to athletes and their families. Including a club Health Promotion Programme can have a real and meaningful impact on our athlete’s health awareness and actions.