Welcome to our new Virtual Competitions for 2021!
In an attempt to keep athletes engaged with sport and physical activity, during a period in which traditional Special Olympics competition cannot be offered, we are pursuing alternative avenues of competition. Following on from the initial success and interest shown by clubs, coaches & athletes in the SO Switzerland Virtual Challenges, we have now created a number of virtual competitions to be offered over the coming months.
In this first wave, athletes have the opportunity to compete across a number of sports including, Athletics, Motor Activities Training Programme, Artistic Gymnastics and Football, with additional sports to come in the coming months. These virtual competitions will provide an opportunity for athletes to continue to develop their technical skills and improve their fitness.
Who Can Enter?
- Athletes currently registered with Special Olympics Ireland.
- Entry is open to all athletes age 8yrs and over. Birthdate on or prior to Feb 1st 2013
- Athletes can enter individually or as part of a club by a club coach.
- With the exception of gymnastics, you do not need to be a member of a club registered as offering these sports to enter.
What Will I Need To Register?
- Contact name and email
- Athlete name, ID number* and date of birth
- Review each sports page below for details of the events on offer including video and text instructions to choose which events to enter.
*If you do not have an athletes ID number please contact your club or Regional Office for assistance*.