Special Olympics Annual General Meeting
The AGM order of business followed the Notice of Annual General Meeting as issued to our members.
- Chairman Brendan Whelan welcomed the attendees and gave the Chairman’s Address.
- CEO Matt English presented the company’s 2021 Annual Review. You can view the full version of the 2021 Annual Review here and this year we are delighted to present a summary version here. You can view our 2021 highlights video here.
- Treasurer Donal Courtney presented the Financial Statements and Directors’ Report for the year ending 31st December 2021, which can be viewed here.
- Emma Barrett athlete representative provided an update on the Athlete Voices Working Group.
- Director Carolyn Jones presented the resolutions of the AGM, all of which were carried by the requisite majority by the Members and Delegates.
- The AGM noted the appointment of Charlotte Donnelly as a Company Director as Chairperson of the Munster region.
- Directors, Paul Malone, Carolyn Jones, Nazih Eldin, Mary Moran and Aengus Sheerin were each elected for another term (2 years) in line with the Articles of Association of the Company.
- The AGM approved the appointment of Brendan O’Brien, who was appointed by the directors in the period since the last annual general meeting, as a Director of the Company.
- The AGM approved the appointment of a new Directors, Rose-Alice Murphy and Anne Kiely whose co-option as a Director of the Company has been approved by the Board of Directors, in line with Article 7.2.5 (D) of the Memorandum & Articles of Association.
- The AGM elected new Director, Laura Murphy, in line with Article 7.2.5 (A) of the Memorandum & Articles of Association.
Special Olympics Ireland would like to pay tribute to and thank Helena Walsh (out-going Secretary), Maura Donovan, Geraldine Ryan Meagher and Frank Fitzgerald, each of who retired from the Board having served the maximum term of six years and each having provided excellent service to the organisation.