Return to Activity Protocols and Safety Plan
Special Olympics Ireland (S.O.I.) has developed a comprehensive Return to Activities Protocol, and Safety Plan Template, aimed at protecting the health and welfare of all in S.O.I and minimizing the risk of transmission of COVID-19 in the community.
It's important to stay updated with government guidelines at all stages: view current government guidelines
These comprehensive documents are primarily written for the Club Management Team, COVID-19 Coordinators and the COVID-19 Safety Team. Further resources for athletes, club volunteers and parents/guardians/carers is available on here.
Brief summary of what a club needs to do prior to returning to club activity:
- Establish a COVID-19 Safety Team
- Complete the Online Sport Ireland COVID-19 Course when available
- Read and understand the Return to Activities Protocol
- Complete actions set out in the Return to Activities protocol, with particular emphasis on completing the Club Safety Plan
- Confirm readiness to move to the next phase or to revert to an earlier phase.
- Please ensure all government guidelines are adhered to when Returning to Club Activities.
It is important that the Club Management Team, COVID-19 Coordinator and COVID-19 Safety Team familiarise themselves with the content of these documents, and clubs need to link with the Regional Office as they progress through each phase.