Support & Be Part of an Extraordinary Team
Special Olympics Ireland is first and foremost a sports organisation for people with an intellectual disability. However it provides athletes with far more than the physical benefits of sport. It’s about a feeling of belonging, and ultimately improving quality of life. Through sport, athletes develop both physically and emotionally, they make new friends, realise their dreams, and know they can fit in.
| || ||With over 9,100 athletes in 360 clubs, and approximately 25,000 volunteers, Special Olympics Ireland is continuously growing and developing to provide more opportunities for people with an intellectual disability |
Funds are essential to improve existing services and develop new services for our athletes by:
- Providing opportunities for people with intellectual disabilities in your community
- Supporting existing athletes and affiliated groups
- Recruiting and training of all volunteers
- Developing sports training and competition
- Organising events and games and staging All Ireland Games
- Preparing and sending delegations to Special Olympics World Summer and Winter Games and other international events
- Delivering personal development programmes such as the Volunteer, Athlete Leadership Programme, Healthy Athlete and Family programmes
- Developing Special Olympics in every community in Ireland
Special Olympics changes lives. It changes the lives of people with an intellectual disability and also changes the lives of their families, supporters, volunteers, coaches, fundraisers, organisations and companies involved. Your support can change lives too.