Club Volunteering opportunities near you
Special Olympics Ireland has a network of 313 clubs across Ireland and we can offer you a volunteering opportunity that suits your life.
Below is an idea of some of the roles we offer.
|Roles || ||Descriptions|| Experience Required|
|Sport Roles |
Sports volunteers are in all clubs and levels.
Sport roles include Coaches and Assistant Coaches.
| ||Coaches: Plan and run through the training programmes, prepare athletes for competition. Help athletes be the best they can be.||Relevant National Governing Body Qualification. Special Olympics can also help you reach the qualifications you need. |
|Assistant Coaches: Support the coach on the field of play in the delivery of training sessions, this includes warm up, cool downs and helping athletes during their club training. ||Special Olympics can help you get started with an Introduction to Coaching Practices Course|
|Management Team Roles|
Most Club Management Teams have 6 roles who are responsible for running a club
| ||1. Club Chairperson: overall responsibility for a club. Leads the team of volunteers, ensures all club activities are in line with policies and procedures set out by Special Olympics Ireland.|
2. Secretary: works closely with the Chairperson in all administrative tasks.
3. Sports Officers: represent Head Coaches at committee level. Leads the team Coaches at all levels to ensure regular quality training and participation in competition by athletes.
4. Safeguarding Officer: ensures the Code of Ethics & Good Practice is adopted by club members. Act as a point of contact for all issues relating to athlete protection.
5. Treasurer: overall responsibility for club income and expenditure and produces the statement of accounts.
6. Membership Officer: point of contact for club members. Maintaining relationships, records and management of volunteers in addition to communications with Special Olympics office.
|Varies depending on the role. |
Special Olympics also provide a training pathway for most roles for free.
| || || || |
|General Club Roles|
If you're not sure where to start your volunteering this is a great introductory role offering.
| ||Offers great variety in tasks from club activity set up and tear down, athlete registration, athlete and volunteer support plus much more.|| None, full training is provided.|
| || || || |