Introduction to Bocce
| ||Course Syllabus|
- The aims of Special Olympics Ireland’s Introduction to bocce course are:
- To outline the basic principles and rules of bocce.
- Identify the role of a Special Olympics bocce coach and utilise the qualities and skills required to coach athletes in training and competition
- Identify key factors which should be considered when coaching bocce to athletes with an intellectual disability
- Organise, plan and deliver a bocce coaching session
- To teach basic level skills and techniques of the game
This course is aimed at Special Olympics volunteers who wish to become involved in coaching Bocce in their clubs
. Once completed, the coach will work as an assistant coach with athletes in the fundamental phase.
Course participants will be required to be at least 16 years of age and be a registered volunteer
in Special Olympics Ireland. It is recommended that coaches would have attended Special Olympics Ireland’s Introduction to Coaching Practices course or would complete the course within 12 months of completion of the Introduction to Bocce course.
Approximately 6.5 hours
The course will use both classroom and practically based presentations
. There will be a combination of demonstration, lectures and an opportunity to gain practical experience. Coaches will experience all aspects of a session from planning through to evaluation of a session
The course is attendance based and there will therefore be no formal assessment. Coaches will receive feedback from tutors and peers during practical coaching tasks.
Full attendance is required to receive certification.
Download the Introduction to Bocce Registration Form Here